December 2nd, 2020
With salons reopening today you may be lucky enough to have bagged an appointment with a brow technician. If not, or you’re still shielding, we have help for you! We share some products you might want to try and owner & CEO of Rubis, Fides Baldesberger reveals expert tips to help you go from brow-bye to wow-brow at home. Keep an unused toothbrush handy.
Handcrafted in Switzerland and made from high-quality stainless surgical steel, Rubis Tweezers are a favourite amongst celebrity MUAs and A-listers including brow queen Rosie Huntington-Whitely.
Perfect for achieving immaculate eyebrows, these are ergonomically shaped and perfectly sprung to ensure a firm hold (without breakage) eradicating rogue growth at the roots to keep you looking groomed for longer.
Fides shares her top five tips:
- Start by brushing your brows so the hairs go upwards so you can see where to pluck, and make sure you are in a well-lit room. Top tip: toothbrushes work well with their fine, sharp bristles.
- The way to gorgeous brows is investing in top range tweezers. Choose a pair of fine tipped, slanted edge tweezers so you can precisely pluck even the smallest hairs. You want a pair of tweezers that are sharp to grab onto each individual hair and won’t slide off mid pluck.
- Less is more! Avoid over-plucking, more often you end up plucking more than you need to. Take a step back and pause between each tweeze of hair to keep your perspective fresh.
- Whilst brows are not identical, it’s important to check and compare one from the other to ensure they have the same thickness.
- To take your brow game to the next level, use a pencil to outline the shape you’re going for above and below the brow as well as start to finish. This will give you a clear guideline of where you can and can’t pluck!
Rubis Classic Slant tweezers (£22.50) are available from cultbeauty.
Once you’ve achieved the pluck you want, you can enhance your brows with some specially created products. We’ve picked a few for you below:
Rouge Bunny Rouge’s Silhouette of Grace Brow Expert Gel (€25) is part of a range of brow grooming products which will achieve perfectly natural eyebrows in just one stroke. Brow Expert Gel Earthshine, a rich hazelnut-toffee colour, enhances natural brow shades. The soft mousse texture dries quickly and is neutral and adaptive due to its transparency. The synthetic nylon fibres impart immediate optical volume and texture to brows with a natural and long-lasting finish. Infused with calming Panthenol and protecting and restructuring natural ginger extract. Brow Expert Gel Airglow has a crystal clear, water soluble jelly texture giving a soft shine effect. The brow conditioning gel allows invisible styling, giving brows shape while feeling naturally supple and never sticky. Enriched with protecting and restructuring natural ginger extract. Available from rougebunnyrouge.
W7 Cosmetics Happy Hemp Range, a collection of products infused with hemp oil and other kind-to-skin ingredients, includes Smokin’ Brows Sativa Brow Gel (£4.95) to shape and fix eyebrow hairs to stay in place all day. Fluffy brows will last with this Hemp Oil infused Gel. Available from w7cosmetics.
PS… CBD Brow Gel (£2.50) tinted gel gives the brows fullness, shape and definition, infused with CBD, jojoba oil and vitamin E, it is nourishing and conditioning. PS… CBD Lash & Brow Serum (£3) created for daily use to give fuller, longer-looking lashes and brows formulated with CBD, jojoba oil and vitamin E. Available exclusively at Primark.
The Donna May London Eyebrow Precision Styling Kit (£20) is designed to groom and style brows without going to the salon. The kit contains 2 eyebrow tweezers – slanted and pointed for precision plucking, 1 x magnifying mirror, brow scissors, a razor and double ended brow brush. Available from donnamaylondon.
Enjoyed this? Subscribe to Warpaint here.