May 11th, 2015
As Spring gets into its stride, Autumn seems a long way ahead, yet here are Warpaint Towers it’s all about September and our Warpaint Competition at Professional Beauty North. Registration is live and this year’s categories are:
- Special FX – Theme: Halloween (5 hours will be allowed for this category) – 10:00 – 15:00
You will be judged on your interpretation of theme, design inspiration and application of appliances. Wigs and headpieces are important, as well as the costume but it’s down to your skill and creativity that will win the day here.
- Fashion – Theme: Street Style (2 hours will be allowed for this category) – 10:30 – 12:30
Street Style is associated with youth culture and has emerged not from the studios, but from the grassroots and now’s your chance to give us your interpretation of one of the major trends.
- Edit – Theme: The Lure of Luxe (2 hours will be allowed for this category) – 10:30 – 12:30
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder – Create the perfect editorial photographic look. Application techniques, finish and final scrutiny are the key attributes here, which is why we take close up editorial shots of each and every entry. This year, the story is The Lure of Luxe and we want to see make-up and styling that encompasses luxury and opulence.
- Real Beauty – Theme: Day to Night – 1 model, 2 looks, 3 hours (3 hours will be allowed for this category) – 10:30 – 13:30
Create a look for real women. You will be judged on your ability to bring out your subject’s natural features, as well as application and technique.
- Bodypainting – Theme: Fairytales (Student and Pro Levels) (5 hours will be allowed for this category) – 10:00 – 15:00
Open to solo artists, in this category we are looking for exceptional work, either brush and sponge or airbrush, combined with costume, headpiece and innovative use of props.
Fees are £20 per category and entry is open to anyone with a skill and love of make-up. Please note entrants and their models must be over 16 years of age. Models must be over 18 in SFX and Body Painting on the date of the competition.
There are a few changes to take into account. As the number of competitors has grown, our judges need more time so this Manchester all categories will compete simultaneously, so you’ll need to decide which you are going to enter.
Timetable of Categories taking place on Monday 21 September 2015:
Click here for the competition pack with all the details you’ll need